Claims Supervisor- Bodily Injury
Are you passionate about leading people? Are you team focused? Do you have a strong background in Bodily Injury Insurance Claims?
We are looking for a Claims Supervisor on our Bodily Injury team.
Our ideal candidate is a positive, forward-thinking person with the ability to coach, guide and motivate a team. You are a Change Champion with a proactive attitude when it comes to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is currently in a leadership role, or someone who is in a front-line role and has been striving towards leadership. We are looking for a like-minded and professional individual who would thrive in these conditions. Is this you?
Reporting to the Claims Manager, you will contribute to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience. You will provide leadership to the claims team, focusing on the achievement of key business goals and customer service standards in a performance-based culture.
- As part of the Leadership Team, you will guide a diverse group of Claims Professionals, focusing on the delivery of an exceptional Customer Experience at all levels
- Through Coaching and Development, you will provide feedback, instruction, and technical guidance to ensure that your reports excel in their job responsibilities
- You will be active in the advancement of our Technical & Employee Engagement pursuits, while leading the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace
- You will effectively manage service levels by organizing, distributing, monitoring work flow and setting priorities to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity as guided by corporate policies, procedures and business plans
- You will conduct or contribute to employee development, and employee performance management through coaching and following up on the development of your team’s technical competencies
- Through a periodic review of claims files, and by setting and tracking individual and team performance objectives, you will coach your team to strive for continuous improvement and development
- You will provide direction and leadership in areas such as: liability determination, investigation, policy interpretation, settlement negotiations and establishing reserves for claims
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate
- Exceptional Customer Service skills, including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent knowledge of policy wordings all lines of business, corporate guidelines, policies and procedures
- Ability and desire to coach, guide, and positively motivate employees
- Excellent knowledge of medical and legal terminology
- Detail-oriented with a critical degree of accuracy
- Have 5+ years of progressive insurance adjusting experience
- Have education in the form of a College or University degree
- Have completed your Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation and a desire to continue relevant industry education (FCIP, etc.)
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with a competitive compensation package (salary and bonus) and a benefit package that is wide-ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for those who thrive in a performance based culture.
Join a Canadian success story!
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging position with Wawanesa, please apply today!
More search results
Claims Adjuster (Strategic Products, Personal Lin…
The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Customer Service and Insurance Sales Representati…
The Co-operators - 346886
Personal Lines Sales Advisor
HUB INTERNATIONAL ONTARIO LIMITED
Commercial Lines Account Manager
HUB INTERNATIONAL ONTARIO LIMITED
Business Development Executive