Casualty Claims Representative, Bodily Injury
We’re here to help people, businesses and society proper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We’re focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they’re going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it’s about people.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry – and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our Claims representatives are helping customers to get back on track after they experience a loss. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most.
Our success story is written by our passion for creating a better tomorrow. We’re re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
This is your opportunity.
You are energized at the idea of working in an environment where you are able to evaluate and analyze information and act decisively based on the facts. You have a natural ability to negotiate and influence others while providing strong customer service. If you thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment this is the perfect role for you!
As a Casualty Bodily Injury Representative, you will be responsible for delivering legendary service to our customers by helping them get back on track. You will strive to provide an experience to customers that will be second to none because what matters to them matters to us
With this purpose in mind you will:
- Investigate bodily injury claims to ensure a prompt and fair settlement
- Make independent decisions, think creatively, and be able to prioritize the key requirements needed
- Analyze documentation including medical history reports, police investigations and various other expert reports.
- Represent the company in the negotiation and settlement of outstanding claims with third parties directly and \ or third party lawyers.
- Manage claims through the litigation process.
- Participate in the management of loss and expense reserves.
- Evaluate settlement criteria for payment of claims.
You succeed at what you do because you are:
Influencer: You have a personable, effective and confident manner with the ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders.
Independent Thinker: Not afraid to challenge the status-quo!
Fast Learner: You thrive in a customer centric, dynamic, ever-evolving environment and are open to coaching and feedback.
A Team Player: You believe that together everyone achieves more — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
Self-Motivated and Proactive: A true people person; a natural collaborator who can communicate professionally; highly organized, and a perfectionist that embraces change.
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate either directly with third parties and/or with third party lawyers
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and organized
- 1+ years of experience in handling bodily injury claims dealing directly with third parties in person and/or with third party lawyers is required
- Ability to work in a paperless environment
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities
- Completion or working toward a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation (asset)
- A college diploma or a university degree is a strong asset
The fine print.
Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it’s a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.