Unit Claims Manager, Auto
“An opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of customers, employees, and the company on matters that directly impact us most.” – Unit Claims Manager, Auto Testimonial.
We’re here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We’re focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they’re going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it’s about people.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry – and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most. Our success story is written by our passion for creating a better tomorrow. We’re re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
This is your opportunity
As a Unit Claims Manager, Auto, you will lead a high-performing team of Claims Representatives in our Auto Claims department and provide technical expertise to ensure efficient and effective work processes are in place to provide legendary customer service. You will be able to demonstrate you can lead according to Intact’s Leadership Success Factors of: Living our Values, Caring for People, Being Open and Honest, Taking Accountability, and Driving Change!
You are an Inspiring Leader who succeeds at what you do because you have:
- A sense of urgency in your work while multitasking, prioritising tasks, and effortlessly shifting priorities
- The independent ability to manage remote employees and drive business results
- Flexible daily work schedules as the expectations may be outside of regular business hours
- Strong communication and comprehension skills when delivering information to customers, employees, other mangers, and peers
This role will give you the chance to:
- Act in a consultative and advisory capacity on claims matters and technical issues such as: liability determination, investigation, policy interpretation, settlement negotiation, and reserve establishment for claims
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to maintain effective communication/work process channels
- Audit employee files and provide feedback and/or training as required
- Participate in the development and implementation of business plans for the Unit
- Provide inspiring leadership through performance feedback, continuous learning, career development, and succession planning
- Direct resources to ensure efficient and effective administration of the department and quality customer service
- Coach, mentor and develop Claims Representatives on complex claims and customer service culture
- Three years experience at supervisory level or equivalent work experience
- Exemplary leadership skills, including the ability to train, mentor, guide, performance manage and build trust with junior employees new to the professional work environment
- Technical knowledge of automobile claims an asset
- Analytical skills to deal with policy, legal and regulatory interpretation and implementation
- Strong communication and customer service skills, including diplomacy and tact
- University degree/college diploma preferred or equivalent business experience
- Commitment toward ongoing self-development (i.e. CIP participation)
The fine print.
Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it’s a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It’s important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Please note this job posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
More search results
Agri-Business & Commercial Product Development Sp…
Trillium Mutual Insurance Company
Client Service Advisor – Personal Insurance - Per…
Guthrie Insurance Brokers Ltd
(Senior) Account Executive/Producer
Excel Insurance Group Inc.
McKillop Mutual Insurance
Insurance Claims Representative