Product and Pricing Analyst (Underwriting)
HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can become an expert in your field while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website: www.munichre.com/hsbbii
The Product and Pricing Analyst conducts qualitative and quantitative data analysis to assist in pricing and rating new and existing products, as well as in identifying new business opportunities, in order to facilitate the Company planning process. In partnership with the Head Office Underwriting team, the Product and Pricing Analyst contributes to challenging projects to ensure the profitable management and competitiveness of HSB BI&I’s insurance products. Reporting to the Manager, Underwriting, this role is located at our Head Office in downtown Toronto and is ideal for an innovative thinker with a problem solving mindset, who is eager to learn.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or Actuary;
• 3-5 years of experience with the ability to compile, analyze, present and interpret financial and statistical information from multiple sources to facilitate decision making;
• Insurance analytics experience including a strong understanding of earned premium, incurred claims, loss development, and deriving loss costs; P&C personal lines experience preferred, or commercial lines;
• Advanced capabilities in computer application software, knowledge of databases, analytics tools, and experience with data cubes;
• Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads and multiple projects and meet time sensitive deadlines with high degree of accuracy;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong team player able to contribute in a collaborative environment.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices.
Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference PPA.0119-IIC and send a covering letter along with a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.