Bilingual Underwriting Specialist, Commercial Lines
- Federated Agencies Ltd.
- Mississauga, On
- Job Category
- Job Type
Federated Agencies is looking for a professional and experienced Underwriting Specialist to assist with expanding our book of business in the Quebec Region. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Federated Agencies, the successful candidate will utilize company philosophies, policies and assigned authority levels to review and evaluate applications to determine risk, the extent of coverage, premiums, as well as accept or reject applications. With a client portfolio which includes large and/or complex accounts, you will utilize your previous commercial technical underwriting experience, strong business acumen and self starter attitude to meet company objectives.
Please note this role is located in Mississauga and will work with colleagues and support teams located in Guelph and Montreal. The successful candidate may work remotely and must be available to travel occasionally for training, meetings, etc.
Underwriting Client Portfolio
- Research and conduct analysis, both internal and external, to determine risk on new business renewals and endorsements
- Evaluate and make recommendations for or against coverage based on the risk rating
- Prepare quotes for commercial business
- Negotiate coverage and rates with clients
- Review loss control reports/recommendations and monitor for completion
- Prepare loss reports
- Refer business exceeding authority level to appropriate level
- Research and review current and new approach to accepting business as it relates to organizational repositioning
- Assist in internal audits in particular review of quality of new business and renewals
- Assist in developing team-oriented approach to meeting Regional and Corporate goals and objectives including written premium and profitability objectives
- Develop and maintain positive constructive relationships with distribution partners and clients
- Participate in broker and client visits to assist in identifying and developing underwriting opportunities
- Obtain information from brokers regarding overall quality of service
- Contribute to the development and implementation of improved broker and client service
- Minimum 10 years commercial underwriting experience in progressively senior roles
- CIP/FCIP designation required
- Written and oral bilingual (French and English) fluency
- Strong business acumen, the ability to problem solve, sound decision making and negotiation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and inspire others
- Ability to work remotely, with little supervision
- Able to effectively prioritize and organize workload in a fast pace environment with competing deadline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some travel required
Apply by email: email@example.com
*Please state the job title in your email subject line and include a cover.
Application Deadline: January 18, 2019
Who We Are...
Federated Agencies Limited is wholly owned subsidiary of the Co-operators group of companies. As a National Brokerage, Federated Agencies finds commercial insurance solutions for Member Owners of The Co-operators group of companies and their members. As well, Federated Agencies is the brokerage partner for the Co-operators agency distribution force to place complex and specialty commercial and personal lines insurance solutions.
Insurance products include both personal and commercial lines with a focus on complex and specialty products such as director's and officer's liability, environmental liability and commercial property liability products.
Wealth Management products include RRIF's, LIF's, annuities, investment funds and coverage for accident and sickness.
Federated Agencies is part of the Co-operators group of companies. For more information, please visit: http://www.cooperators.ca
The Co-operators group of companies are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with the hiring manager as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.