We’re here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We’re focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they’re going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it’s about people.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry – and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most.
Our success story is written by our passion for creating a better tomorrow. We’re re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
This is your opportunity
Reporting to the Deputy Senior Vice President of Claims West, the rewarding role of the Ombudsman for the West Division will be an independent, empowered, logical, integral member of the Ombudsman’s Office. You will have the responsibility to work with a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, discretion and understand the importance of compromise and negotiation. As a natural problem solver, you will work with efficiency, exercise sound judgment, and promote fairness, equity, and administrative accountability through the investigation of complaints while knowing who to involve in each case.
You succeed at what you do because you are a(n):
- Objective Outcome Owner
- Chief Written/Verbal Communicator
- Proficient Problem Solver
- Critical Thinker
You are driven by these guiding principles and strive to:
- Lead by example and live our values every day;
- Care for people by being supportive, providing candid feedback and recognizing performance;
- Be open and honest by acknowledging challenging situations, inviting different perspectives and being authentic;
- Take accountability by concentrating on what’s important, seeking solutions while focusing on results;\
- Drive change by challenging the status quo, exhibiting a ‘can do’ attitude and energizing others.
This role will give you the chance to:
- Work with internal departments to obtain information regarding a customer's complaint
- Conduct investigations to identify any maladministration, breach of contract, legislative or regulatory requirements, and filed guidelines with the government
- Collaborate with members of the Ombudsman’s Office and management teams in identifying major concerns from complainants
- Liaising with business units and management on potential media threats and reputational or financial risks
- Maintaining relationships with government regulators and other affiliates, and reporting annually on the number of complaints received by the organization based on a reportable complaint system
- Review and understand the application of legislation and keep up-to-date with current industry trends, regulations while maintaining positive relations with internal clients, external regulators, and external customers
- Identify emerging trends/issues arising from complaints and advise management with recommended action items
- Undertake periodic studies on overall policy coverage
- Develop and communicate to employees the Complaint Handling Protocols and Policies
- Must have worked in an insurance environment (5-8 years) and have experience or background in the following: customer service, automobile and property claims, underwriting, accident benefits, or compliance
- Excellent ability in interpreting insurance wordings, policies, and coverages
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Flexibility to work varying shifts and availability
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with difficult customers and situations
- Ability to work independently and earn trust
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- CIP designation preferred
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
The fine print.
Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it’s a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It’s important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
This role will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.