- Financial Services Commission of Ontario
- North York
- Job Category
- Job Type
The Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund (MVACF) of the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) responds to claims of victims injured in motor vehicle accidents with uninsured or hit-and-run drivers where there is no access to automobile or liability insurance.
The MVACF seeks a Claims Administrator with extensive personal injury claims knowledge and experience in the automobile insurance industry.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- research, investigate, negotiate/adjust and settle first party accident benefits and third party liability personal injury claims made against MVACF;
- provide technical direction and instructions to adjusters and legal counsel and make settlement recommendations for approval;
- attend mediations and settlement conferences throughout Ontario to resolve personal injury claims against MVACF;
- provide reports, recommendations, briefing notes and advice to senior staff regarding settlement issues;
- develop case management strategies and settlement options for solicitors.
Location: North York
How do I qualify?
- You have proven knowledge and experience of automobile insurance industry, personal injury claims administration/adjudication principles, standards and processes.
- You have knowledge of relevant legislation to develop strategies and participate in legal proceedings.
Negotiation & Influencing Skills:
- You can reach satisfactory settlements between litigating parties with opposing interests.
- You can resolve complaints and encourage alternative solutions.
- You can provide advice and interpretation to clients and stakeholders.
Communication & Computer Skills:
- You can prepare correspondence, issue notes, recommendations and assignments.
- You can conduct or participate in mediations, arbitrations and hearings.
- You are proficient in pc software to prepare correspondence, reports and legal binding settlements.
Analytical & Problem-Solving Skills:
- You can identify and prioritize complex issues involving multiple files and manage them concurrently.
- You can research and analyze legislation and case law regarding first and third party claims and evaluate impact.
- You can analyze legal and medical reports to negotiate claim settlements.
Salary Range: $65,401 - $94,239 per year
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 6 months (with possible extension), 5160 Yonge St, North York, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 130206, by Friday, December 21, 2018. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.