Personal Lines Underwriter - Level 2
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group is not just another insurance company; we are a P&C Mutual company with solid grass roots within our community. We’re proud to be a leader within the P&C industry offering a Mutual experience rich with history, opportunity and exceptional customer service. We are committed to profitable growth, team development, ingenuity, while having fun at work. We encourage a work-life balance and we are serious about what we do.
As a Personal Lines Underwriter, your primary responsibilities will involve evaluating Property and Auto (including Commercial Auto and Farm) business for acceptability and rate.
Are you an experienced insurance professional with the following key skills?
- Strong knowledge of underwriting all classes of residential risks, including farm and non-package products,
- Understanding of and ability to read/interpret residential policy wordings, including underwriting of Excess and Umbrella liability insurance,
- Strong knowledge of all private passenger classes and all miscellaneous vehicle types,
- Understanding of and ability to read/interpret all relevant auto policy wordings, including the OAP, and most OPCF endorsements, including underwriting Excess and Umbrella liability and application of more complex OPCF’s,
- Sound judgement and decision making abilities,
- Strong knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office programs,
- Effective communication skills to interact with various internal and external contacts,
- Ability to work confidently under pressure and multi task,
- Superior customer service mindset,
- CIP designation is considered ideal, and
- Direct experience in the field of insurance specific to underwriting, completion of post-secondary education or an equivalent of all.
Go to thecommonwell.ca and visit our application site to view a detailed role description and submit your application.
We thank all candidates for their applications, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
We provide equal opportunity and a barrier free process.