Customer Service Representative, Finance - Customer Accounts Centre (1 Year Contract)
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will:
- Manage internal and external customer contacts regarding billing, payment and collection processes in a call centre environment
** The hours of operation for this centre are 7:30am to 6:30pm Monday to Friday with 8-hour rotating shifts **
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Work in a call centre environment answering questions regarding billing, payment and collection processes
- Be efficient and accurate with data entry and call management
- You are passionate about bringing your best, putting the customer first and you are a team player recognizing that we're stronger together
Your Skills and Experience
- University degree or a minimum 2 year college diploma
- Proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Office products
- Experience in a call centre environment is an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with French language skills
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
- Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills
As part of the selection process, this role requires candidates to successfully clear a Criminal Background Check and a Credit Check.
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: email@example.com.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.