Stanley Mutual Insurance Company is proud to present the following full time opportunity for an Automobile Underwriter.
Stanley Mutual Insurance was formed in 1937 by New Brunswickers who saw the need to pool their resources and form their own insurance company to protect them from catastrophe. The Company has evolved into one of New Brunswick’s largest Mutual and sells home, auto, farm and light commercial insurance through agents and brokers located in nine offices throughout the Province. Stanley Mutual is a member of national and international Mutual Associations and writes only in the province of New Brunswick with 8 million in property premium, a current portfolio of 10,000 policies and assets in excess of 20 million.
If you are interested in becoming part of a dynamic, team focused culture where integrity, trust, accountability and personal and professional growth are core values, this is the place for you.
The successful candidate will report to the CEO and be responsible for underwriting the automobile customer portfolio. Location of this position is open to New Brunswick.
- Apply Underwriting principles to risk selection for both New Business and Renewals
- Build and maintain strong relationships with agents and brokers as well as team members
- Work with Distribution team to attract and retain quality clientele
- Provide counsel for agents on underwriting rules and technical issues
- Participate in team meetings and share ideas on continuous improvement of the organization
- Actively participate in the establishment of rules, procedures, new products and wordings to improve service, products and/or operating efficiencies
- Strong customer service skills
- A strong knowledge of automobile insurance
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Attainment of a CIP or CAIB designation is highly recommended, to achieve full potential for this position
- Strong networking and teambuilding abilities
- Bilingual in French and English is considered an asset
To apply, please submit your confidential resume and cover letter saved as one document to email@example.com , as soon as possible stating Automobile Underwriter in the subject line.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.
More search results
Customer Service and Insurance Sales Representati…
The Co-operators - 346886
Assistant Professor, Insurance and Risk Management
Grant MacEwan University
The Kings Mutual Insurance Company
OMIA Financial Review Committee Member
Insurance Advocate / Ombudsman