Senior Inside Claims Representative
Grow your career with a collaborative, highly-regarded, fun, and industry-leading company - Wawanesa Mutual Insurance. Our friendly environment is flexible, team-based, and offers fantastic employee recognition as well as employer funded career growth! With over 120 years experience as a Canadian-owned leader in the insurance industry, conducting business throughout Canada, California and Oregon, you'll work in a stable yet modern environment in which you can flourish your career as well as impact your local community.
The Inside Claims Representative Sr. contributes to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience through the fair and equitable adjustment of complex auto and/or property claims through telephone and written correspondence.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Interpret policy wordings, determine policy coverage and ensure appropriate reserving
- Investigate losses to determine liability
- Evaluate relevant information from sources such as appraisers, third party adjusters, contractors and repair facilities in order to quantify losses
- Negotiate with insureds, claimants, lawyers and insurers
- Coordinate services with vendors and service providers
- Adjust claims from inception to completion in a proactive manner
- Provide ongoing technical advice and guidance to junior inside claims staff
- Maintain accurate records based on company standards and policies within the claims system
- Remain up-to-date with legislative changes and trends in the insurance industry
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 4 years insurance adjusting experience
- Working toward Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry
- Excellent negotiation skills
- College/University degree is preferred
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, profit sharing, premium free benefits and pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.