We’re here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We’re focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they’re going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it’s about people.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry – and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most. Our claims team is constantly striving to provide best in class service by looking at new ways to assist our customers.
Our success story is written by our passion for creating a better tomorrow. We’re re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
This is your opportunity.
Do you have a flair for leading and motivating a team? Are you willing to go above and beyond to get customers back on track? Are you energized at the idea of working in an environment where you are able to Organize, Plan, Supervise and Support a team.
As Unit Claims Manager, Property, your purpose will be to manage the operations in the Claims Property unit in an effort to meet organizational objectives. You will provide technical expertise and leadership to ensure efficient and effective work processes and quality service, while ensuring continuous improvement. You will direct resources within budget and ensure adherence to corporate policies and standards.
You will succeed at what you do because:
- You are a Chief Communicator
- You are an Natural Leader
- You are an Adaptable Ace
This role will give you the chance to:
- Provide leadership and manage the operations of the Unit to achieve key business goals.
- Monitor and participate in Unit activities and report on progress.
- Assume responsibility for the selection process and hiring of employees that will deliver a superior level of customer service to all our clients.
- Communicate corporate philosophy, vision, and values;
- Motivate staff to participate in Unit objectives by keeping them informed of changes or new directions and soliciting feedback.
- Identify and coordinate assignments within the Unit.
- Facilitate continuous learning and development.
- Conduct on going monthly productivity and quality audits and deliver feedback as part of coaching sessions.
- Prepare and discuss yearly performance reviews with unit staff members.
- Leadership, Analytical, Planning and Organizational Skills
- Superior communication skills and the ability to quickly adapt and drive change.
- Committed to delivering exceptional customer service
- The ability to tackle various initiatives simultaneously
- Previous experience using Xactimate estimating software is an asset
- Prior leadership experience is an asset
The fine print.
Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it’s a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It’s important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. For permanent roles, proof of eligibility can be a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
This posting closes on December 10, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST.