Senior Claims Representative – Casualty
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, a company-matched savings plan, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
** This position is available at any of the following locations: Waterloo, London, Toronto, Mississauga **
In this role, you will be:
Reporting to the Team Leader, Casualty, and will be accountable for the investigation, evaluation and settlement of complex third party bodily injury and property damage claims in accordance with Economical’s claims philosophy and strategy.
- Review and interpret policy wordings, acts, regulations, legislation, contracts and relevant case law to confirm coverage
- Investigate, evaluate and settle Personal/Commercial Auto BI and Commercial General Liability Casualty claims
- Assess liability and quantum ensuring that reserves are set and updated on a timely and accurate basis
- Maintain detailed and accurate file records.
- Control expenses through proactive claims handling/file management
- Develop and implement strategies to bring claims to a timely and cost effective resolution
- Participate in settlement meetings, mediations and pre-trial conferences as required
- Negotiate and settle claims directly with claimants or their legal representative
Your Skills and Experience:
- University degree, college diploma or CIP designation
- Minimum 3 years of Bodily Injury/Casualty Litigation claims handling experience
- Strong knowledge of litigation processes
- Superior analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions with customer and stakeholders
- Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Committed team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.
More search results
Customer Service and Insurance Sales Representati…
The Co-operators - 346886
Assistant Professor, Insurance and Risk Management
Grant MacEwan University
The Kings Mutual Insurance Company
OMIA Financial Review Committee Member
Insurance Advocate / Ombudsman