Auto Appraiser & Image Desk, Physical Damage
Are you a passionate car enthusiast with a background in auto body repair or estimating? Are you licensed, Red Seal or Journeyman in auto body repair? Are you looking to get out of the shop or to take your auto appraising career to the next level? If so we have a role for you!
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, a company-matched savings plan, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will be:
Reporting to the National Auto Appraisal Team Leader, the Appraiser will be accountable for the direct handling of moderate to complex physical damage appraisals, assess damage, and responsible for reviewing, monitoring and assuring that appraisal compliance is achieved within the preferred vendor network and on remote repair facilities. The candidate will also be liaising with the certified Economical repair facilities to establish and build an environment of mutual respect and trust. The Appraiser is responsible for pursuing a cost-effective avenue for repairs, preparing estimates and negotiating with repair facilities.
A company car, is provided as this position requires travel throughout Eastern Ontario and Quebec and possibly other areas.
This position provides the successful candidate a work-from-home environment. You will be required to attend meetings and training throughout the year at our Ottawa or Montreal branch, so you must be located within a reasonable commuting distance.
- Reviews the physical damage appraisal provided by the preferred vendor program.
- Completes appraisal and negotiates with repair facility(s) on proper repair methods and pricing.
- Completes remote appraisals and negotiates with third party (facilities that are not part of preferred vendor program).
- Assists and cooperates with colleagues during busy periods.
- Processing total loss claims uploaded by preferred repair facility in an expedited manner.
- Completes vehicle re-inspections uploaded by preferred repair facility (audit quality control).
- Participates in various team and performance meetings.
- Cover all regions within Canada under the remote appraisals program(become familiar with various regional differences)
- Must communicate in a professional manner ( written and verbal)
- Completes Autosource information documents for total loss files and stolen not recovered vehicles when requested
- Provides technical expertise (assistance) to adjusting staff when requested
- Maintains a high level of expertise in automobile repair techniques, estimating software and hardware and vehicle evaluations
- Provides possible new methods to improve current work flow for team leader review
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must maintain and update job skills
- Must perform desk audits to assure compliance within the CERF program
- Must be proficient with Windows operating system, micro soft office and excel.
- Assist in resolution of customer service and vendor issues as assigned
- Negotiate and settle total loss vehicles when required
- Appraise automobile/vehicle damage.
- May have to provide assistance during catastrophes when requested
Your Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience either appraising / estimating automobile physical damages or working within an imaging desk role.
- Proficiency with Audatex estimating software is required.
- Completed High School diploma required.
- Fluently bilingual (French and English).
- A member of the Groupement des Assureurs Automobiles (GAA) would be an asset.
- License Certified Auto-Body Repairmen (class A or B / 310B Journeyman OR Red Seal) is required.
- Possess technical knowledge of auto body collision and mechanical repairs.
- College/University/Technical degree would be an asset and is preferred, but not required.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the collision industry.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Completion of I-Car and/or technical courses is an asset (continuation of education will be required).
- Valid driver's license with a driving record acceptable to the company.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous automobile body repair and appraisal experience.
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers.
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.
More search results
Customer Service and Insurance Sales Representati…
The Co-operators - 346886
Assistant Professor, Insurance and Risk Management
Grant MacEwan University
The Kings Mutual Insurance Company
OMIA Financial Review Committee Member
Insurance Advocate / Ombudsman