Claims Supervisor- Bodily Injury
Wawanesa Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada.
With over 3,000 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders, who are our owners. As an employer, we provide an environment that is respectful, challenging and rewarding. As a corporate citizen, we actively give back to organizations that strengthen communities where we operate, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
“The company has provided me with many opportunities for personal and professional development. The Education Assistance program is helping me earn my designation, without having to worry about the financial burden of student loans. Our leadership team encourages growth through various training exercises and seminars, and provides ongoing support to help us meet or exceed our goals.” – Claims Representative since 2011
The Claims Supervisor, Bodily Injury, contributes to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience by providing leadership to the claims team, focusing on the achievement of key business goals and customer service standards.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Coordinate and supervise daily activities of claims team
- Provide guidance and leadership to staff and specialists
- Manage service levels by organizing, distributing, monitoring work flow and setting priorities to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity as guided by corporate policies, procedures and business plans
- Conduct or contribute to employee development, and employee performance management through coaching and following up on the development of their team’s technical competencies.
- Conduct periodic review of claims files and coach team to strive for continuous improvement and development by setting and tracking individual and team performance objectives
- Provide direction and leadership in areas such as: liability determination, investigation, policy interpretation, settlement negotiations and establishing reserves for claims
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5 + years progressive insurance adjusting experience
- College /University degree preferred
- Chartered Insurance Professional Designation and a desire to continue relevant industry education (FCIP, etc.)
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent knowledge of policy wordings all lines of business, corporate guidelines, policies and procedures
- Ability to coach, guide, and positively motivate employees
- Excellent knowledge of automobile policies
- Excellent knowledge of medical and legal terminology
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry
- Exceptional advanced negotiation skills
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Join a Canadian success story! Consider this Alberta based opportunity.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please apply today at www.wawanesa.com!