Corporate Communications Supervisor
Join our Canadian reinsurance company and experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
Do you have an intrinsic ability to link strategic vision to communication? Are you passionate about developing a brand and putting core values into the heart of your work? Do you love creating and implementing communications strategies that seamlessly intertwine with organizational strategy? Are you able to turn complex information into simple, clear and brief messages? We currently have an amazing opportunity to join one of Kitchener/Waterloo’s top employers as a Corporate Communications Supervisor, leading our Corporate Communications team. Within this exciting position, you will have the opportunity to join a culture that prides itself on being honest, transparent, believes in delivering on their promises and is committed to doing what is right.
The Corporate Communications Supervisor ensures a synergy between the organization’s activities and strategic vision with clear and concise communication that supports strategic implementation and execution. Within the role, you will be responsible for guiding the corporate communications team and providing communications guidance and expertise to business units for internal and external communications.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Support the implementation of strategic, tactical and operational objectives as it relates to communications and brand by collaborating with leaders on project plans and communications strategies.
- Lead the development of all relevant communications channels (including web, social media, video), to ensure messages resonate with and are relevant to particular audiences.
- Monitor specific aspects of the business environment and recognize potential risks, to assist leaders with identification of strategic communication opportunities.
- Ensure consistency and alignment of internal and external communications with the organization’s communication policy, culture, core values and brand.
- Lead the brand pillar and subsequent brand committees in brand development activities to ensure brand statements, unique value statements, and proof points remain current and aligned with the organization strategy.
- Ensure the brand remains ‘top-of-mind’ for organization’s employees and directors.
- Provide leadership, support and coaching for professional development of direct reports.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the work unit via communications analytics/metrics in accordance with the department guidelines and procedures.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- 7 years of experience in a communications-related role with some prior experience leading people.
- A university degree or college diploma/degree.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills as well as listening skills.
- The ability to interpret and make decisions.
- Sound judgement and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Prior experience promoting and maintaining brand and organizational communications preferred.
Join Our Team!
Recognized as a Top 20 Employer for the Kitchener/Waterloo region and as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition, Farm Mutual Re has been operating since 1959. Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
But…we are more than a reinsurer! We build deep-rooted relationships that drive trust and success. Our relationships are the foundation that help us empower and advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees and business partners.
At Farm Mutual Re, not only are we invested in the success of our mutual community but we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario off the 401 in a state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly building. Our employees enjoy perks that include complimentary access to an on-site gym, yoga classes, wellness coaching, ping-pong table and mini-massages. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, pension plan and more.
How to Apply:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and complete our Employment Application by Monday, December 3rd, 2018.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.
More search results
Senior Implementation Specialist, Commercial Lines
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Senior Product Specialist – Personal Insurance
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Administrative Assistant - IIBC
Supervisor, Risk & Loss Control
Region of Durham