Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
** This is a contract/secondment position within our Montreal branch **
In this role, you will:
- Work with a high-performance team focusing on technical field investigations
- File consultations on suspect losses and non-suspect complex losses
- Conduct field investigations on suspect losses and/or complex losses alone or in collaboration with others on a national basis
- Compile and complete reports on field investigation findings and provide to Claims Representative
- On a consultative basis, provide technical guidance and develop investigative strategies on suspect losses and complex losses in collaboration with claims representative on a national basis
- Create and facilitate technical training to claims employees on a national basis
- Create and facilitate technical claims information sessions to various business units within and external to Economical
- Incorporate clear understanding of privacy and other laws while working collaboratively with others in participating and investigating large scale or complex insurance industry investigations or with public authorities (police)
- Incorporate a clear understanding of the sensitivity and confidentially required when involved in conducting complex and /or suspect loss investigations on a national basis
Your Skills and Experience
- Fully bilingual in English and French (spoken and written)
- University degree or college diploma; completion of CIP (or working towards designation) would be an asset
- AMF Licensing would be an asset
- Minimum of 6 years of claims handling or claims investigation experience in the P&C industry
- Experience in handling auto and property losses is required
- Experience handling personal injury claims is an asset
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Must be able to travel - on occasion - for extended periods in order to conduct or assist with investigations in remote areas or other provinces
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here: https://www.economical.com/en/careers. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: email@example.com.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.