Customer Service Representative
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We are looking for an individual who is interested in working in a fast paced environment in our Personal Risk Service Centre as a Customer Service Representative. After completing a comprehensive training program, you will help serve the personal insurance needs of our internal and external customers. This includes the handling of business transactions via phone, e-mail, and carrying out on-line transactions including quoting new business, issuing new lines, processing billing changes and various endorsement requests. Customer Service Representatives build strong broker relationships by providing guidance and knowledge of Chubb products and services, problem-solving, and cross-selling and up-selling on incoming calls and emails.
The Personal Risk Service Centre operating hours are Monday –Friday 8:30am -7:00 pm
- Handle broker requests for new lines and endorsements while providing superior customer service;
- Respond to broker inquiries and provide quotes to brokers;
- Communicate with brokers via e-mail and phone;
- Conduct regular follow up with brokers for additional policy / client information;
- Review incoming requests, making appropriate decisions and processing accordingly;
- File set-up and maintenance on personal risk system;
- Ongoing liaison with underwriters regarding decisions on accounts;
- Ensure ability to work different contact centre shifts within the business hours of 8:30am to 7:00pm, as scheduled by supervisor;
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- College/university degree or equivalent insurance-related education is an asset;
- Previous insurance or financial services experience is an asset, as are CIP courses or a willingness to take CIP courses through the Insurance Institute;
- Proven customer service skills and ability to work well with people;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Bilingualism in English and French would be considered a strong asset;
- Proven ability to solve problems independently and with success;
- Ability to work well in a team and to function in a multi-task environment;
- Aptitude for evaluating, analyzing and interpreting information;
- Ability to prioritize, work efficiently within tight timelines and is adaptable to change;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to follow-up independently;
- High degree of comfort in working with numbers and computer systems;
- Bilingualism in English and French is required, if working in Montreal.
If you are interested in this position, or know someone who may be interested, please contact:
Chubb Canada Recruitment
Internal candidates should advise their manager before applying.
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
More search results
Senior Implementation Specialist, Commercial Lines
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Senior Product Specialist – Personal Insurance
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Administrative Assistant - IIBC
Supervisor, Risk & Loss Control
Region of Durham