In House Property Claims Specialist
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group is not just another insurance company; we are a P&C Mutual company with solid grass roots within our community. We’re proud to be a leader within the P&C industry offering a Mutual experience rich with history, opportunity and exceptional customer service. We are committed to profitable growth, team development, ingenuity, while having fun at work. We encourage a work-life balance and we are serious about what we do.
This position will review, analyze, evaluate and negotiate complex and catastrophic claims related to Property, Commercial, and Liability claims within the field. The incumbent is responsible for investigating losses where necessary, as well as assigning the appropriate relevant experts to assist in the effective management and resolution of the claim. As an experienced Claims professional, you will possess and professionally demonstrate the following key skills:
- Strong understanding of P&C claims processes, interpretation of policy wordings, and awareness of industry trends,
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills are essential,
- Expert knowledge of all relevant regulations, including the Insurance Act,
- Experienced in direct telephone handling of small to medium size property issues,
- Demonstrated experience managing catastrophe claims, the ability to scope property losses, review and decipher estimates and familiarity with electronic estimating systems such as Xactimate,
- Strong knowledge of building techniques and systems,
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated sound ethics to interact with various internal and external contacts and build relationships,
- Thorough research, analysis, judgment and problem-solving skills,
- A minimum of 5-7 years prior experience in P&C claims adjusting, completion of post secondary education in a related discipline or an equivalent of both.