Customer Service Representative, Auto Physical Damage (Contract)
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
** This position is a temporary contract for a duration of 12 months **
In this role, you will:
- Investigate and settle auto claims while reporting to the Team Leader, Physical Damage Unit
- Working with the customer and preferred vendors to ensure the best course of action is taken to resolve the claim quickly and efficiently
- Provide prompt, courteous, accurate and fair claims service to all clients, internal and external
- Fully explains the claim process to all clients
- Ensure all claims are promptly investigated
- Managing minor to moderate auto physical damage claims
- Confirming policy coverage by ensuring the facts of the claim fall within the scope of the policy
- Maintaining detailed file records by entering pertinent data into the appropriate systems
- Processing claims payments within level of authority after verifying claimant's entitlement
- Initiating salvage and subrogation procedures on assigned files
- Work outside a file “ownership” domain in ensuring that all customer calls are resolved with minimal call transferring and provides backup to other CSR 1s
Your Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma
- College diploma/university degree or completed CIP designation is an asset
- 2 years of related work experience is required (experience handling auto claims is an asset)
- Strong computer and typing skills with the ability to navigate through numerous screens quickly and efficiently
- General knowledge of auto policies is an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a call centre environment
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions with both customers and co-workers
- Positive team player
- Ability to perform well in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure
- Adaptable in a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
You’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: email@example.com.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.
More search results
Underwriting Support Representative - P&C Insuran…
CNA Insurance Canada
Underwriter, Commercial Auto (Non-Fleet)
Sr. Underwriter, Commercial/Farm
Regional Underwriter (Calgary)
The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada