If you are an experienced Property Claims Representative and have a strong customer interaction focus coupled with well-developed communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills, we’d like to hear from you! In this role, you are accountable for the investigation and settlement of personal and commercial property claims.
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, a company-matched savings plan, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
Who We’re Looking for:
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, with both customers and co-workers
- Perform well in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accepting notice of claim and working with the customer and preferred Vendors to ensure the best course of action is taken to resolve the claim quickly and efficiently
- Managing moderate to complex personal and commercial property claims
- Confirming policy coverage by ensuring the facts of the claim fall within the scope of the policy
- Maintaining detailed file records by entering pertinent data into the appropriate systems
- Processing claims payments within level of authority after verifying claimant's entitlement
- Initiating salvage and subrogation procedures on assigned files
Your Skills & Experience:
- A University degree, 2 year College Diploma or CIP designation
- Minimum of 3-5 years property claims adjusting experience is a must
- Preference will be given to candidates with related business experience, particularly commercial adjusting experience, field adjusting experience would be an asset
- Strong typing skills and are adept at navigating through numerous screens quickly and efficiently
- Effective written and verbal communication, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills are required
What You’ll Experience:
- An incredible team of smart, diverse, and supportive people that want to help you be better at what you do
- Great benefits, ongoing education, and competitive pay
- Unexpected perks to keep things fun
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.