Client Service Manager
- BFL CANADA
- Job Category
- Job Type
WHO WE ARE
BFL CANADA is a leading employee-owned and operated commercial insurance brokerage and consulting services firm in 12 cities across Canada. The key to our success has always been our passionate and engaged team, now composed of 600 professionals with vast experience and expertise. Here at BFL, our motto is work hard, play hard and we are not afraid to prove it! Our employees have the freedom to demonstrate their own creativity, leadership and entrepreneurship because we strongly believe in them. We are a national collaborative team that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for a Commercial Client Service Manager in the Halifax Office!
The primary role of this position is to support the Client Executive to manage a book of business by developing and maintaining excellent client relationships, with a focus on maximizing retention. In addition, the Client Service Manager will be able to manage book of clients to grow and retain. If you are looking for a dynamic work opportunity, keep reading!
YOUR DAY AS A CSM:
- Proactively supports a book of business by reviewing the client’s exposure, loss history and proposing appropriate coverage’s and/or solutions. Where necessary, develops account strategies, presentations and other forms of communication with client.
- Ensures maximum retention of book by providing exceptional client service, regularly contacting existing clients to ensure quality service is being delivered and needs are met and exceeded.
- Responds to telephone calls and written inquiries from clients and underwriters in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensures growth in the book of business.
- Identifies needs of prospective clients through research and involvement with relevant resources, utilizes division and corporate resources when possible.
- Places new business as well as renewals and endorsements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reviews policy wordings and other documentation for accuracy and completeness;
- Participates in industry functions and targeted public relations activities;
- Maintains extensive market relationships;
- Oversees the preparation of underwriting submissions, maintains appropriate documentation for various accounts and/or correspondence;
- Maintains expiry lists, records, and policy files to ensure that they are organized and up to date;
- Requests and follows up with insurers for outstanding information, endorsements or policy documentation;
- Creates abeyances and follows up for outstanding items from underwriters, marketers and clients;
- Establishes appropriate procedures for claims administration and loss prevention activity;
- Monitors and follows up on outstanding client receivables;
- Works with Accounting to resolve accounting discrepancies and related issues;
- Follows BFL policies and procedures, including security and quality procedures, as currently set out and as amended from time to time.
- Other duties and special projects as required.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in insurance.
- Nova Scotia insurance license (And able to obtain additional Provincial Licenses)
- Solid understanding of commercial property, liability and auto insurance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of EPIC is an asset.
- Strong with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with a paperless office is an asset.
- Customer focused and sales oriented.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- CIP or CAIB designations preferred.
Let’s make a difference together:
Please forward your resume and cover letter in a PDF format to email@example.com and specify the job title and location in the subject line so that we can learn more about you.
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to see what we are up to and check out our other job openings.
Learn more about us on our website: http://www.bflcanada.ca/
More search results
Senior Implementation Specialist, Commercial Lines
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Senior Product Specialist – Personal Insurance
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Administrative Assistant - IIBC
Supervisor, Risk & Loss Control
Region of Durham