Commercial Property Underwriter and a Commercial Casualty Underwriter (intermediate or senior)
Excess Underwriting part of the Towerhill Insurance provides a diverse and challenging work environment. We are always looking for bright staff who have the energy, ambition and passion for our industry. By joining the Towerhill, you will become part of rapidly growing and dynamic commercial insurance underwriting team that offers opportunity for advancement and growth. Towerhill is a company where your contributions will make a difference for a rewarding career.
Overview of the position:
- Work under limited direction, underwrites new and renewal business within designated authority levels working with our broker clients.
- Ideal role for a strong technical underwriter with property/construction and/or liability experience and knowledge of Lloyds of London.
- Provides exceptional service to our broker partners and acts as a solution provider, and as a key contact to our client base to manage relationships and discuss quotes.
- Participates in broker visits, and corporate functions as required. A strong broker network would be an asset.
- Managing relationships with brokers and acting as a dedicated resource as needed and required. Expeditiously responds to brokers to maintain our corporate customer service philosophy.
- Quickly and efficiently analyzes new business and renewals for risk profitability in the commercial property industry by assessing exposures and hazards as determined by a review of the underwriting data, and according to underwriting guidelines, contract authority limits and company standards.
- Monitors and assesses competitive factors in the market and keep informed of changing market conditions.
- Maintains the long‐term profitability of a portfolio of accounts regardless of market conditions within the bounds on internal underwriting guidelines and individual underwriting authority.
Customer Service Skills:
- Comfortable communicating with clients (in person, email, and telephone inquiries.)
- Provide quotes and answers policy coverage questions in an efficient, professional and friendly manner.
- Follow up with clients’ needs in a timely manner.
- Capable communicator; articulate; good listener.
- Team player; willing to listen to others viewpoints, able to collaborate with other departments and offices, understand the importance of teamwork.
- Excellent personal organization skills with ability to manage multiple projects, competing priorities, tasks, and heavy work volume.
- Ability to balance and manage the expectations of clients, producers, and management.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
Overall qualifications and experience:
- Dynamic and smart with exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be focused on teamwork and collaboration.
- Exceptionally proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and industry software including PolicyWorks and Applied Systems TAM and EPIC.
- Provides high level service and quick response to insurance broker partners.
- Maintains knowledge of company Underwriting policies, philosophy, procedures and standards.
- Proactively involved in the learning and development of underwriting skills, including coverages, wordings, exposures, pricing and factors that affect Property and Casualty.
- Ability to exercise initiative and follow up skills.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented and critical degree of accuracy in data entry.
- CIP or CAIB would be beneficial.
- Have a flexible attitude, willing to accept change and challenge the status quo
- Excellent work ethic