- Pembridge Insurance
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Job Category
- Job Type
Established in 1999, Pembridge Insurance Company has built a strong foundation of high quality insurance products and exceptional customer service through the support of our dedicated, independent broker network.
Pembridge offers a comprehensive range of insurance products to meet a broad range of needs for Canadians at competitive prices. To complement our exceptional range of products, Pembridge also delivers personal attention to our policyholders.
Reporting to the Region Director, Alberta, the Provincial Underwriting Manager is responsible to provide operational leadership and direction while developing and maintaining an underwriting team within the Alberta region. You will also underwrite and service Pembridge insurance products, to support achievement of Allstate Canada Group’s (ACG) short and long term Mission, Vision and Strategic objectives.
• Provide input to the Pembridge Brand and regional strategic and tactical plans and direction while exercising an understanding of the Pembridge business plans;
• Ensure ongoing and effective positioning and integration of the underwriting function within Pembridge to create and sustain success;
• Develop, implement and review a 1 year regional underwriting team business plan, ensuring the understanding and alignment within their team with the Pembridge business plan;
• Ensure performance plans for direct reports are aligned, integrated, to achieve performance requirements and metrics while ensuring the appropriate availability of resources;
• Ensure the delivery of individual and team results within appropriate metrics, including quality, quantity, timeliness, productivity, customer satisfaction;
• Ensure compliance to filed underwriting rules and providing technical support to Underwriter’s;
• Implement and maintain an optimal organization design, including alignment of roles, accountabilities and authorities, and alignment of tasks within the region to deliver on the strategy and enhance employee performance and satisfaction;
• Develop and manage a team of Underwriter’s and ensure appropriate managerial practices;
• Develop and maintain effective strategic partnerships with Pembridge brokers in the region, and lead relationship-building practices between underwriters and brokers;
• Develop, implement and maintain control mechanisms and processes to ensure compliance to external and internal policies and requirements and ensure mitigation of risks;
• Develop, recommend, implement and maintain appropriate underwriting and service policies, processes, practices, specialty techniques, continuous improvement initiatives;
• Other tasks as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• A minimum of 10 years experience in personal lines, including at least 3 years in a senior underwriting role is preferred;
• Previous management experience, including recruitment, performance management, training and coaching of the underwriting team, and salary management is required;
• A minimum of a university degree and/or active participation in CIP courses or an equivalent combination of education and relate experience will be considered;
• Ability to influence, convince, direct and persuade others with the ability to exercise interpersonal leadership;
• Ability to identify new ideas, techniques and opportunities for improving effectiveness, performance and productivity;
• Develop and deliver verbal/written communications of information to superiors, peers, brokers and subordinates in a well thought out, logical and effective manner;
• Ability to collaborate with peers and subordinates to reach goals;
• Knowledge of the regional insurance market and the brokers within the market.
If you are a big picture thinker with the agility to adjust work to reflect the complex network of forces at play, this may be the role for you. Pembridge in Alberta is committed to excellence in customer service and employee development. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program, along with a friendly and fun environment.
For more information please visit us at: www.pembridge.com.
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2018 list of the
Best Employers in Canada!
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.