As the successful candidate on our multi-line Underwriting team, your responsibilities will include:
- assisting Intermediate and Senior Underwriters in rating, issuing and determining terms and conditions of coverage
- preparing certificates of insurance, review and/or processing of renewals, endorsements and cancellations within assigned authority limit
- providing back-up to the Support Service department for various administrative functions
What you bring:
- Minimum 1-2 years related experience preferred
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- CIP or working towards would be an asset
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Analytical and judgment skills required
- Attention to detail is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Highly organized to manage workflow efficiently
Why choose Frank Cowan Company:
- A professional and motivating team environment where contributions are valued
- An entrepreneurial culture that has helped build a company with a strong history and exciting future
- We offer great benefits, professional development support and competitive pay with incentives
- Other great perks including, a recognition program, a fitness rebate, recognition of service milestones, work-life balance and much more!
We are proud of our past, and excited about the future!
Since the opening of our doors in 1927, Frank Cowan Company has established itself as a leader in providing specialized insurance programs including risk management and claims services across Canada. We have proven industry knowledge gained through 85 years of partnering with insurance companies and independent brokers, giving us the ability to effectively manage the necessary risk and advisory and claims services for both standard and complex issues.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.