We are currently looking to add an intermediate Multiline Adjuster to our Vernon Branch team, preferably able to immediately qualify for an adjuster's license in British Columbia.
The Independent Adjuster actively adjusts claims while ensuring that business development opportunities are maximized. This involves marketing and follow-up of opportunities in a timely manner. The profile duties create a dynamic portfolio requiring extremely well-honed organizational skills that enable day to day activities to be completed while allowing efficient and effective progress of file management activities.
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate should have background/experience in "All lines" of claims - Property, Liability, Auto, Accident & Benefits (Section B), and Bodily Injury claims.
Competencies required to succeed
• Effective Analytical Skills
• Effective communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
• Organizational skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Relationship Building skills
• Demonstrated and proven leadership skills
• Sense of urgency and responsiveness
• Prompt contact and follow up with policy holders and claimants
• Investigate the cause and report to clients with solid recommendation
• Scope and establish quantum of damages.
• Negotiate fair and satisfactory settlements
• Perform duties assigned to him/her in compliance with established work standards, policies and procedures.
Education, knowledge and experience required
• Minimum of 2 years adjusting experience
• Must qualify for at least a level 1 BC Adjuster’s license
• Ongoing commitment to education and learning.
• Effective analytical skills, including identification of cause and effect dynamics
• Good investigative manner
• Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them.
• Ability to interpret complex documents of a legal nature, perform and understand advanced numerical calculations including analysis of comparative information.
Advanced communication skills including:
• Effective written skills including those of a technical nature
• Effective oral skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, must be able to flex style appropriate to audience.
• Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
• Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
• Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations.
• Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning.
SCM Insurance Services and affiliates welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
*Salary is dependent on experience*