Field Claims Representative, Property
Field Claims Representative, Property
We’re here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We’re focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they’re going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it’s about people.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry – and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our Claims representatives are helping customers to get back on track after they experience a loss. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most.
Our success story is written by our passion for creating a better tomorrow. We’re re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
This is your opportunity.
Property Field Claims Representatives have an important and dynamic role within Intact Insurance. Whether handling regularly occurring property damage claims or responding to catastrophic events anywhere in Western Canada, our field adjusters are equipped with the required knowledge and tools to inspect and assess a wide variety of claims scenarios. We strive to deliver uncompromised customer service on any given day, even when disasters strike an entire community.
You will succeed at what you do because:
- You are a Chief Communicator
- You are an Authentic Team Player
- You are an Adaptable Ace
With this purpose in mind, you will:
The successful candidate will be located in Vancouver and handle property losses for the Lower Mainland.
- Attend property damage claims, assess coverage, and write estimates
- Respond to large volume losses across Western Canada.
- Manage interactions with internal and external customers with utmost professionalism
- Provide clear and concise information to our customers of their settlement options and help them make a decision on how to repair their damages by providing them with options
- Organize and monitor the process to restore our customers residential, commercial and farming property to completion
- Authorize and issue payments within policy limits
- Participate in the on-call rotation for afterhours claims
- Follow up on concerns with possible workmanship issues and determine the course of action to remediate the situation
Note: This is not a 9 am – 5 pm job. If successful, you will be required to adjust your schedule or work overtime if needed.
Your Skills and Attributes
- Construction knowledge and experience
- Experience using estimating software is an asset (Xactimate)
- Comfortable and proficient with computers, tablets and emerging technology.
- Strong customer service skills, able to work with a wide variety of people and effectively communicate complex and detailed information in a simple way
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills
- Ability to be extremely organized in a fast paced work environment
- Able-bodied, with no restrictions to participate in work of a physical nature including roof climbing
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record. Company car may be provided with this position.
- Requires the ability to travel on short notice and work extended hours through the storm season (traditionally summer months in Western Canada).
- Prior adjusting experience is an asset
The fine print.
Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it’s a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It’s important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. For permanent roles, proof of eligibility can be a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
This posting closes on October 16, 2018 at 11:59pm EST.