*Junior, intermediate and senior level positions available.
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for analysis pertaining to rate adequacy, including analysis of loss and premium trends, production of rate indications, and development of rating structures using multi - variate actuarial models
- Emphasis on learning various actuarial operations and the insurance business, such as underwriting, claims handling, and financial reporting;
- Leverage professional experience with spreadsheets, databases, and statistical software to compile and categorize data used in valuation and related analyses
- Communicate actuarial concepts and make recommendations to Actuarial management both verbally and in writing with supporting documentation;
- Produces various data exhibits and analysis relating to measuring, tracking, and monitoring company and industry performance;
- Evaluate, update and maintain actuarial pricing models;
- Independently respond to routine requests of internal and external stakeholders related to standard reports and processes;
- Perform peer reviews on the technical and qualitative analysis of peers and more junior staff.
Your Skills and Experience:
- University degree
- Must have completed 2 to 6 exams of the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Must have 1 to 5 years of relevant full time experience
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must possess strong programming skills, including knowledge of SAS and efficient use of
- Microsoft applications (Excel and VBA, etc.)
- Knowledge of SAS, Emblem, Radar, R an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with GLM experience
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are incredibly tenacious and on the forefront of industry trends
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here . To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: email@example.com.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.