Claims Representative, Inside - Property
If you are an experienced Property Claims Representative and have a strong customer interaction focus coupled with well-developed communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills, we’d like to hear from you! In this role, you are accountable for the investigation and settlement of personal and commercial property claims.
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together.
Who We’re Looking for:
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, with both customers and co-workers
- Perform well in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accepting notice of claim and working with the customer and preferred Vendors to ensure the best course of action is taken to resolve the claim quickly and efficiently
- Managing moderate to complex personal and commercial property claims
- Confirming policy coverage by ensuring the facts of the claim fall within the scope of the policy
- Maintaining detailed file records by entering pertinent data into the appropriate systems
- Processing claims payments within level of authority after verifying claimant's entitlement
- Initiating salvage and subrogation procedures on assigned files
Your Skills & Experience:
- A University degree, 2 year College Diploma or CIP designation
- Minimum of 3-5 years property claims adjusting experience is a must
- Preference will be given to candidates with related business experience, particularly commercial adjusting experience, field adjusting experience would be an asset
- Strong typing skills and are adept at navigating through numerous screens quickly and efficiently
- Effective written and verbal communication, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills are required
What You’ll Experience:
- An incredible team of smart, diverse, and supportive people that want to help you be better at what you do
- Great benefits, ongoing education, and competitive pay
- Unexpected perks to keep things fun
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here: https://www.economical.com/en/careers/career-opportunities. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: email@example.com.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.