National Subrogation Representative, Property
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
** This position is available at any of the following locations: Montreal, Ottawa, Mississauga and London **
In this role, you will:
- Review and analyze all assigned subrogation files and determine the ultimate probable outcome of recovery
- Identify all potential tort feasors with knowledge of legal doctrines and case law that can apply in each file for recovery
- Prepare files and subrogation documents as well as determine the amount of recovery from the file material and the systems used ( Xactimate, Autosource, ISB, CDS)
- Locate and contact the third party, third party insurers or lawyers to initiate settlement negotiations
- Manage a large volume of claims files and other special subrogation projects
- Review and prepare subrogation files for the litigation program including managing the expenses, budgeting and providing instructions to Counsel
- Prepare files and participate in legal proceedings when required
- Research and comprise information for presentations and newsletters for all claims offices across Canada on topics related to subrogation
- Consult and provide direction on national subrogation file handling to the team and claims offices
Your Skills and Experience
- University degree, college diploma or the CIP designation
- 2+ years of insurance claims handing experience required
- Negotiation and litigation experience with adjusters and Counsel is an asset
- Liability claims experience is an asset
- Bilingual in French and English
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
- Able to perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Able to work independently and make decisions quickly on files when required
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Able to communicate with insurers in a professional, friendly and service-oriented manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here: https://www.economical.com/en/careers/career-opportunities. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.