Claims Representative, Accident Benefits
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will:
- Respond to claimant correspondence and accident benefit forms in accordance with the applicable legislation
- Securing details of claims by corresponding with claimants via telephone
- Assessing coverage eligibility
- Reserving files appropriately after assessing claim
- Maintaining detailed file records on an electronic claims system
- Processing payments after confirming benefits, eligibility and reserves
- Coordinating the most effective course of action for claims
- Reviewing and approving, when appropriate, treatment plans for claimant rehabilitation
- Arranging independent medical assessment to determine benefits eligibility
- Preparing referral packages for independent medical assessments
- Obtaining medical information necessary for independent medical assessments
- Responding to independent medical assessment recommendations
- Participating in the dispute process
Your Skills and Experience
- University degree or a college diploma or CIP designation
- Previous experience handling accident benefit claims is an asset
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
- Able to perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here: https://www.economical.com/en/careers/career-opportunities. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.