Property Appraiser, National Claims
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
** Please note: One of these roles is a field position which requires regular travel - a company vehicle will be provided for that purpose **
In this role, you will:
- Handle national property re-inspections and daily management of exceptions generated via the Contractor Connection program
- Participate in Economical’s national catastrophe operations
- Provides technical expertise pertaining to structural property damage to Regional Management and Claim handlers nationally
- Quantifies large loss Personal Lines structural damage claims as a member of the Quantification Team in support of the Structural Damage Quantification Protocol in Ontario Region
- Monitors estimating platforms to ensure vendors adhere to the Contractor Connection Program guides
- Works closely with national vendor partners on programs, pricing and protocols
- Works closely with national vendor partners, providing support with the effective use of estimating software programs
- Conducts field re-inspections nationally, in support of company quality control initiatives
- Provides technical consultation on environmental losses
- Researches newest technology and makes recommendations both internally and externally about adopting same
- Promotes Economical’s claims programs during vendor visits
- Assists with complaint handling and resolution as needed
- Maintains a level of expertise in all estimating software and hardware
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on regional pricing and unit costing issues as needed
- Participates in projects and other initiatives as assigned by Claims Management
Your Skills and Experience
- University degree or 2-year diploma in one of the following programs: Insurance, Law & Security, Loss Control, Business Administration, Architectural or Engineering Technology
- Experience as a Construction Estimator, Project Manager or project site manager within the insurance restoration industry
- Understanding of provincial and national building codes along with a solid understanding of residential and commercial construction terminology
- Solid understanding of various estimating software platforms including Xactware and Symbility
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions whether with co-workers, customers or vendor partners
- Able to remain calm under pressure and perform well in a busy work environment with limited supervisory interaction
- Must be available to work off-site anywhere in Canada
- Must value teamwork, ownership and flexibility
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here: https://www.economical.com/en/careers/career-opportunities. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.