Bilingual Analyst, Contents Evaluator - Property
Do you have a strong customer focus combined with well-developed communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills? If so, we would like to hear from you!
Reporting to the Team Leader, Property you will be accountable for researching replacement cost pricing, calculating settlements and in some cases, settling property contents losses directly with Economical policyholders.
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, a company-matched savings plan, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will:
- Liaise with the customer and claims representative to gather supporting documentation as it relates to the investigation and evaluation of contents losses
- Conduct research and pricing of higher-valued, personal contents based on like, kind and quality replacement pricing, while working with a variety of replacement sources including suppliers, internet, databases and other means as required
- Ongoing pricing research to quantify contents losses from submitted schedule of loss forms and non-restorable contractor’s lists
- Return priced schedules to claims staff while meeting pre-defined cycle time and productivity standards
- Participate in Economical’s catastrophe response efforts nationally (mainly in-office but can be in the field as required)
- Complete replacement cost calculations in support of the property claims team
- Maintain detailed file records by entering pertinent data into the appropriate systems
- Contact policyholders to secure greater detail and settle contents losses as directed by the claim representative
- Assist in managing the property queues as required by business needs
- Other duties as assigned
Your Skills and Experience
- University degree or college diploma required; CIP designation is preferred
- Must be fluent in French and English
- Previous claims experience required, preferably in property claims
- Working knowledge of basic claims terminology and processes
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel with strong keyboarding skills
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here: https://www.economical.com/en/careers/career-opportunities. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.