Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
** This position is available to candidates located in Waterloo or Toronto **
In this role, you will :
- Manage multiple external vendor relationships that are significant in scope, complexity, and criticality for all business lines (i.e. Auto PD, Property PD, AB and BI/Casualty)
- Develop proposals/recommendations related to vendor services and practices in connection with the external vendors
- Ensure external vendor partners are on track and meeting their contractual obligations and service level agreements (SLAs)
- Evaluate external vendor performance and ensure the prompt and thorough resolution or escalation of performance issues, understanding/managing risks associated with customer facing/impacting vendors
- Analyze organizational performance, identify improvement opportunities, and drive results
- Liaise with law firms to maintain positive partnership focused relations and review performance on a monthly/quarterly/semi-annual basis. This will include communicating and re-enforcing KPIs, SLAs, and other scorecard based performance metrics expectations, identifying areas for improvement, ensuring alignment on specific performance objectives as well as wider strategic company objectives, and understanding the strengths and challenges of each individual law firm.
- Monitor financial and operational performance of firms within the eBilling system, ensuring compliance with agreed upon guidelines & terms. Being first point of escalation and issue resolution for all issues relating to invoicing / billing / payments. Provide regular structured reporting to Claims regarding enterprise performance of the eBilling system and all of our PSL law firms
- Work with Claims on an annual basis to develop and review existing performance management metrics for use with all PSL law firms. Take the lead on effectively communicating, socializing and rolling out performance scorecards across all PSL firms. Be responsible for organizing and facilitating regular structure performance review sessions with each law firm nationally, including engaging all relevant internal stakeholders from across Claims.
- Act as a first point of escalation for issues relating to performance of individual legal staff at firms, systemic or otherwise material non-compliance with SLA/contract, taking responsibility for recording and communicating each one, triaging it effectively to ensure it is then channeled to and owned by the correct Economical employee.
- Liaise/consult with the Claims national line leaders/senior claims leadership on vendor matters/issues/concerns to ensure open lines of communication and in negotiating new SLAs or renegotiating SLAs as they near their term.
- Liaise with other internal departments (i.e. Business Intelligence and Analytics team, Legal) to obtain necessary analysis and management reports as tools/trends to support the performance management of the law firms.
Your Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years vendor management experience, including with law firm finances/operations or as a client managing law firms; insurance experience preferred
- Strong understanding of contract governance and management
- Excellent PC and MS office skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and billing systems, including ability to create formulas and analyze data
- University degree in business, finance, legal or other related field or similar level of experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and maintain business relationships
- Outstanding problem solving skills and ability to apply appropriate tools and level of analysis to specific situations
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here: https://www.economical.com/en/careers. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.
More search results
Farm Mutual Re
Représentant développement des affaires – Souscri…
The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Claims Adjuster (Personal Lines)
The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Director AB & BC Regional Claims