Senior Claims Advisor, Bodily Injury
Reporting to the Casualty Claims Manager, as a Senior Claim Advisor, Bodily Injury, you will be responsible for the investigation and settlement of moderate to high complexity files through detailed investigation of coverage, liability and quantum in conjunction with territorial quality and disposition guidelines. You will require a thorough understanding of litigation procedures as well as a good understanding of alternative settlement techniques such as mediation.
- Investigate coverage, liability and quantum on all assigned files;
- Analyze medical and wage documentation, research and evaluate claims, set and change reserves as required;
- Negotiate and settle claims by phone, face to face meetings with plaintiff counsel and alternate dispute resolutions forms such as mediation;
- Coach, train and mentor junior adjusters;
- Identify and refer complex files over regional office authority, to the Head Office Analyst, providing updates and requesting authority as per company guidelines;
- Work with external vendors insuring compliance with company policies;
- Work together with staff and external defence counsel to develop strategies to bring files to resolution;
- Other tasks as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-secondary education and completion of CIP and/or FCIP designation is preferred;
- Minimum 5 -10 years Casualty Claims experience, or other similar experience is preferred;
- Have a good understanding of the Alberta Rules of Court;
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred;
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products;
- Demonstrated ability to influence and a superior ability to negotiate;
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Capable of critical thinking, problem solving and creating solutions;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Superior time management and organizational skills;
- Highly motivated and able to work well independently and as part of a team.
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is one of the country’s leading producers and distributors of home and auto insurance products, serving Canadians since 1953. Allstate is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates and has partnered with organizations such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving and The United Way. To learn more about Allstate Canada, visit www.allstate.ca.
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2018 list of the
Best Employers in Canada!