Field Underwriter, Commercial Lines - Saskatchewan
- Job Category
- Job Type
We’re here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We’re focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they’re going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it’s about people.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry – and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our Claims representatives are helping customers to get back on track after they experience a loss. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most.
Our success story is written by our passion for creating a better tomorrow. We’re re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
This is your opportunity.
As a Field Underwriter, your work will have a big impact on Commercial Lines. People will count on you to have a strong focus on profitable growth and you will be responsible for underwriting moderate to complex property/casualty policies to contribute to a profitable portfolio of business. You will also establish and develop a positive and beneficial working relationship with an assigned group of brokerages through regular visits and communication of company products and services.
This is a fulltime permanent position which can be based anywhere within Saskatchewan.
You succeed at what you do because:
- You are a strong relationship builder with a sales attitude
- You enjoy providing excellent customer service
- You are a solutions seeker with solid problem solving skills
- You are a goal oriented person and business driven
This role will offer you the chance to:
- Build relationships and networks to support your professional growth and success with brokers across Saskatchewan
- You will get to work in an environment that believes in growth and development and offers various career opportunities
- Innovate through your contributions to seek solutions
- Expand your leadership skills through effective broker communication, relationship building and collaboration.
- Travel throughout Saskatchewan, experiencing the best of what the region offers
You’ll also handle many key responsibilities:
- Build relationship with the Saskatchewan brokers by visiting them on a regular basis
- Be able to make new business and renewal decisions in the broker’s office
- Analyze moderate to complex requests for quotes, renewals and policy changes, and recommend innovative solutions
- Implement and exercise learned sales techniques in order to successfully bind and retain new business and renewals
- Help to develop and implement broker marketing strategies for target business
- Participate in broker visits, insurance industry functions and marketing events in support of broker relationship development
- Build, implement and monitor broker training, including the Intact branded products and systems
- Provide value-added services for broker
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)
- 3-5 years commercial underwriting experience
- Very strong sales and customer service skills
- Initiative and ability to work under pressure
- Strong negotiating skills and business savvy
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with brokers
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record. Company car may be provided with this position.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office products and computer tools
- - - - - - -
The fine print.
Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it’s a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It’s important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. For permanent roles, proof of eligibility can be a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.