Client Manager - Private Client Services
Jones Brown is a privately held Canadian insurance brokerage and strategic consultancy. Founded in 1997, Jones Brown is distinguished by its peerless client service, its best-in-class team of experts, and its singular commitment to providing innovative, tailored solutions for complex problems. Jones Brown works with a diverse range of individuals and global corporations, offering clients a uniquely Canadian perspective, rooted in a sense of independence, a long-term view, and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Client Manager plays a significant role by contributing to the department’s growth through service excellence and product knowledge. Primarily responsible for a book of business, the Client Manager will also utilize Jones Brown’s product offerings to develop new business and achieve profitable growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing professional, advice-based service to existing and new clients.
- Insurance broking in the high net worth marketplace.
- Consistent delivery of prompt, superior, customer service including education to clients to understand terms and options, and manage concerns, while adhering to guidelines and workflows as set out by the department.
- Assisting colleagues and handling client enquiries, new business and changes as required.
- Handle web-based portal changes for policies including processing endorsements, renewals and cancellations, and renewals.
- Write and issue new business, review new and existing coverage documentation such as Binders of Insurance, Certificates, and invoicing.
- Preparation of renewals, endorsements and confirmations to clients - responsible for maintaining the book of business and being the primary point of contact for clients.
- Prepare submissions for marketing purposes, negotiate terms and conditions with underwriters, communicate with insurance companies and work with adjusters to successfully progress claims.
- Work closely with the branch on developing the portfolio of private client insurance business including new business opportunities and initiatives.
- Design and prepare presentations for clients to deliver in person or remotely.
- Create and maintain relationships with our insurance company partners.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum 3 years insurance industry experience, preferably in a brokerage and/or client facing position.
- Experience working with successful individuals and their families and deep knowledge of private client carrier offerings and wordings.
- A current Level 2 BC broker license.
- Excellent computer skills with superior knowledge of TAM, MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Superior organizational skills, flexibility, an eye for detail, and an ability to work independently, taking initiative to start and complete tasks without direction.
- Knowledge of cross-border protocols and an understanding of US and international placements.
- Client and team oriented including desire to help colleagues across Canada as needed.
- Excellent verbal written communication skills and experience explaining complex matters, drafting correspondence, presentations, etc.
- Exceptionally strong technical and insurance market knowledge.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience. The position will start as soon as possible.