- Group Force Benefits Inc.
- Mississauga, Ontario
- Job Category
- Job Type
This position is responsible for developing long-term relationships with your portfolio of assigned brokers. You will liaise between brokers and our insurance carrier representatives to ensure the timely and successful delivery of client presentations (new business and renewals) for potential clients as well as existing ones.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your assigned brokers.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting broker relationships and insurance carrier representatives.
- Maintain full workload on our internal filing system (SharePoint)
- Attach vital emails as well as documents (Rates Adjustments, Advisor Commissions, Plan Amendments, etc.) into Case Document Library for easy access in times of need for fellow employees
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of client presentations (new business/ renewal) for potential clients as well as existing ones
- Renewals – 30 days prior to the renewal date
- New Business – 10 business days / 15 business days (large group)
- Market groups as per broker requests
- Collect data such as carrier reports, employee census and information requested to send the group to market
- Process new Requests to Quote by reviewing them for accuracy and submitting them to the respective insurance carrier
- Work together with the Advisor and Account Managers to finalize the new sale documents and manage new sales as required
- Illustrate the group’s claims experience as well as current plan design
- Analyze proposals from carriers for new prospects (rates, plan design, TLR, etc.)
- Analyze claims utilization and plan design, obtain cost containment/ enhancement options with rate impact and implement contract changes
Education, Professional Development & Work Experience
- Post-Secondary Education
- Minimum 2 year experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Group Insurance Industry an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage numerous tasks simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team Player and the ability to work independently
PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time and use a telephone frequently
- Standing, walking, talking, hearing, sitting, reaching
WORKING CONDITIONS: Climate controlled office environment.
Group Force Benefits Inc. is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.