Claims Assistant (Personal Lines)
HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can pursue and develop your expertise while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website: www.munichre.com/hsbbii
The Claims Assistant contributes to HSB BI&I’s goal of delivering exceptional and consistent claims service to clients and the team. The job duties includes (but not limited to) administrative support to a team of Claims Adjusters.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3-5 years related work experience supporting personal lines.
- Previous insurance industry experience in Personal Lines is an asset.
- Solid general computer skills.
- Excellent customer service/relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and display strong analytical thinking.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference CAPL-0918IIC and send a covering letter along with a resume to: email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.