Claims Manager (Personal Lines)
HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can pursue and develop your expertise while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website: www.munichre.com/hsbbii
HSB BI&I is currently seeking a dynamic person to proactively lead a skillful team of Claims Adjusters, strengthen HSB BI&I’s Personal Lines Products claims capabilities, and ensure exceptional service delivery standards. Situated in our Head Office in downtown Toronto and reporting to our Vice President, Claims, the Claims Manager, Special Personal Lines will drive results to provide consistent quality measures, streamline processes to optimize and enhance related business efficiencies, and continually pursue adding value for our many clients.
- Provide direction to a team of Claims Adjusters
- Engage and partner with external counsel, consultants, independent adjusters and technical experts
- Liaise with reinsurance clients on claims management and emerging issues
- Collaborate with our internal industry experts to identify potential risks, hazards and trends
- Conduct frequent claims file reviews to maintain quality standards and exemplary customer service levels
- Review & participate in projects to optimize and enhance internal handling systems, organizational performance, product development, and reporting within HSB Group
Qualifications & Experience:
- University Degree; CIP designation completed or in process
- 10+ years of experience in personal property lines and/or commercial property claims
- 7-10 years of team management experience
- Technical background and/or education; familiarity with electrical, mechanical, pressure equipment or Equipment Breakdown exposure an asset
- Exposure to personal lines underwriting an asset
- Experience with litigation and subrogation is an asset
- Exposure to treaty reinsurance an asset
- Proficient knowledge of IBNR and reserves practices
- Solid interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices.
Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference CMPL-0518BW and send a covering letter along with a resume to: email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.