Strategic Products Specialist (Reinsurance)
HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can become an expert in your field while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website: www.munichre.com/hsbbii
Reporting to the Strategic Products Manager, the main focus of this client-centric Strategic Products Specialist role is to deliver tailored product solutions to our client companies. As part of our growing and highly progressive Reinsurance team, this dynamic Strategic Products Specialist will bring their proven product development expertise and organizational skills in crafting and delivering product proposals to our clients including wordings, pricings and underwriting guidelines. The incumbent will also be working with our reinsurance managers in ensuring and establishing proper documentation and workflows with regards to product solutions. This position is ideal for candidates who thrive in a fast paced environment dealing with clients, providing expert subject matter product knowledge and technical expertise.
- 3-5 years’ experience in product development/underwriting in personal lines; commercial lines/underwriting also an asset
- CIP designation or actively working towards one
- College diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient in underwriting issues and product development
- Ability to engage clients, coordinate program deliverables and solve operational issues
- Strong client facing skills with a high degree of diplomacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentations skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills coupled with highly proficient computer skills
- Superior ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated drive for continuous improvement
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference SPS0918-IIC and send a covering letter along with a resume to: email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.