Grow your career in leadership with a collaborative, highly-regarded, fun, and industry-leading company - Wawanesa Mutual Insurance. Our friendly environment is flexible, team-based, and offers fantastic employee recognition as well as employer funded career growth! With over 120 years experience as a Canadian-owned leader in the insurance industry, conducting business throughout Canada, California and Oregon, you'll work in a stable yet modern environment in which you can flourish your career as well as impact your local community.
Consider the following opportunity in our Vancouver office, located in the beautiful Kitsilano!
The Claims Supervisor contributes to Wawanesa's goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience by providing leadership to the claims team, focusing on the achievement of key business goals and customer service standards.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Coordinate and service daily activities of the claims team
- Provide guidance and leadership to staff and specialists
- Manage service levels by organizing, distributing, monitoring work flow and setting priorities to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity as guided by corporate policies, procedures and business plans
- Conduct or contribute to employee development and employee performance management through coaching and following up on the development of their team's technical competencies
- Conduct periodic review of claims files and coach team to strive for continuous improvement and development by setting and tracking individual and team performance objectives
- Provide direction and leaderhip in areas such as: liability determination, investigation, policy interpretation, settlement negotiations and establishing reserves for claims
- 5+ years progressive insurance adjusting experience
- College/University degree preferred
- Chartered Insurance Professional Designation and a desire to continue relevant industry eduction (FCIP, etc)
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communiction skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, profit sharing, premium free extended health benefits). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Join a Canadian success story! Consider this Vancouver based opportunity!