POSITION OVERVIEW: The Account Executive is responsible for the overall accountability to the client for their insurance account. He or she has the knowledge, drive, and the ability to manage a book of business and consult with our clients to effectively manage their needs. Working with the assigned Senior Advisor, this role will liaise with the key decision makers and information providers on the account to ensure each client service deliverable is executed flawlessly.
- This role is divided between 20% New Business and 80% Service;
- Act as the service contact for both new and assigned accounts and will be positioned as such by the organization and the Senior Advisor;
- Attend information gathering meetings, and contacting the key information provider and/or decision maker of the clients by phone, e-mail, and fax etc.;
- Liaise with key decision makers and information providers on an account, and will continue to be positioned by the organization as the key resource to the account;
- Prepare mid-year reviews for clients with the Senior Advisor;
- Review the renewal proposal with the Producer to ensure that it aligns with the client’s expectations;
- Responsible for policy service between policy anniversary dates;
- Effectively handle all service correspondence between the insured and Lloyd Sadd, with delegation to the Account Manager;
- Manage the renewal process, providing renewal information to the incumbent, negotiating terms, binding coverage and preparing the necessary renewal documents;
- Support of all Lloyd Sadd Policies and Procedures.
- Completion of University or College related degree; or equivalent work experience;
- A minimum of 3 years of strong consultative and proven strategic selling abilities;
- Must have or be willing to work towards attaining CIP or FCIP, CRM, or CAIB;
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners and clients;
- General understanding of financial statements;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy and business acumen;
- Skill in analysis, problem solving, critical thinking, decision making and working ahead of potential challenges;
- Skill in teamwork, communication, innovation, and adaptability, along with a customer focus, results orientation, and business sense;
- Ability to effectively participate in multiple projects and meet aggressive deadlines;
- High degree of resourcefulness and flexibility;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.