Regional Compliance Officer- Toronto Office
BFL CANADA is looking for a Regional Compliance Officer for our Toronto Office!
The Compliance team works in a concerted and uniform manner, to ensure we become more efficient as a function in providing the necessary assistance to our brokers and fulfilling our mandate of Corporate Compliance.
Please note that this position is part-time, for 4 days per week.
YOUR DAY AS A REGIONAL COMPLIANCE OFFICER AT BFL:
- Perform monthly client file reviews assigned by Corporate Compliance
- Present audit findings following a set format, to the account team and the team/unit/division leader
- Send addendum reports with recommendations to team members, account Team Leader and the Corporate Compliance officer
- Train all new hires on the BFL Procedures, Templates and Compliance
- Develop content on new compliance courses, when applicable
- Provide ongoing information, clarification and reminders relating to compliance matters and procedure to brokers and staff through updates and mini compliance presentations at monthly division/unit meetings.
- Research pertinent regulatory websites (RIBO, IBAO, FSCO and NL) to keep up to date with regulatory requirements affecting compliance matters/issues and advise the Compliance team.
- Assist the Corporate Compliance Coordinator to develop and draft new procedures (Compliance and Professional standards)
- Work/develop and/or assist on new compliance related initiatives
- Manage and control non-resident licensing in all provinces and territories for all Ontario staff, as required.
- Manage and control BFL CANADA Risk and Insurance Services Inc. (Ontario based BFL entity) Corporate licensing for Accident & Sickness (A&S), General Insurance and Special Brokers’
- Assist Designated Representative for RIBO (Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario) in licensing of new applicants; maintain master listing of licensed RIBO brokers and in preparation of position reports for RIBO council.
- Update the master lists for both the IBAO (Insurance Brokers of Ontario) and ICC (Insurance Institute of Canada) and the payment of membership fees relating to each.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- At least 5 years of insurance brokerage experience
- Familiarity with RIBO directives, code of conduct and guidelines (asset)
- RIBO Licensed
- Ability to work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects.
- Organized and structured, able to manage time and priorities
- Able to present in front of small to large groups of people
- Must have a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Availability to travel, as needed, to our Ontario offices (Waterloo and Ottawa)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- You will be working in a thriving, progressive and well-established insurance brokerage company
- Competitive salary, group insurance benefits, and RRSP matching plans from your first day
- A culture that encourages and supports continued education
Our BFL Toronto office is located in beautiful downtown, in the core of the Financial District. Easily accessible by public transit, our office is close to a plethora of top-notch restaurants, ideal for enjoyable lunches or drinks after work.
Let’s make a difference together:
please forward your resume and cover letter in a PDF format to ONCareers@bflcanada.ca and specify the job title and location in the subject line so we can learn more about you.
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to see what we are up to and check out our other job openings.