The Centre for Study of Insurance Operations (CSIO) is a national insurance association with over 35,000 broker, insurance companies and software vendor members. CSIO develops innovative technology standards and digital solutions designed to enhance the consumer`s ease of doing business in the broker distribution channel.
Located in our Toronto or Montreal office, the Senior Business Analyst will lead the advancement of CSIO XML and JSON standards, facilitate workshops, conduct working groups and member support. Primary contact for standards related questions for CSIO members that include insurance companies, software vendors and brokers.
The Senior Business Analyst acts as the lead for CSIO standards used by CSIO members. Specifically, the analyst is responsible for:
- Interface with various members as the CSIO standards expert.
- Create, update and maintain changes to the CSIO XML standards for new and existing releases.
- Use knowledge of XML to update mapping documents and associated spreadsheets.
- Help members find information in the standards and clarifying the use of various aggregates and data elements.
- In collaboration with our members, act as the authority on what can and cannot be done within the standards.
- Responsible for resolving ambiguities in the standards and proposing changes to the standards as required.
Working Groups & Workshops
- Lead and facilitate the national standards working groups and meetings where proposed changes to the CSIO XML standards are presented, analysed and discussed.
- Amend and update CSIO XML standards as agreed upon in the national standards working groups.
- Review enhancement request submitted by members to the standards, addressing any gaps or clarifications as necessary.
Reporting and Analytics
- Assist in developing dashboards, ad-hoc reports and data visualizations to communicate meaningful standards metrics to CSIO and our members
- Conduct ongoing reviews against performance targets. Analyze data for performance trends, variances and look for opportunities to improve productivity and gain operational efficiencies
- Maintain data integrity through consistent monitoring and auditing of data.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- 7-10 years of work experience in Property and Casualty insurance.
- Experience with personal and commercial lines insurance and the associated coverage codes.
- Bilingual (French & English) preferred.
- Experience with requirements gathering, analysis, design and documentation.
- Experience with business process mapping, identifying impacts with existing processes and developing future state processes.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel and MS Access skills required.
- Experience with XML, AL3, JSON schema’s and tools.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau and Power BI).
- Ability to solve complex problems, consolidate and organize large amounts of data and information.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments with competing priorities independently as well as in a team environment.
- Analytical and detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Highly motivated to work in a fast-paced environment and works well under pressure.
- A sense of urgency for task completion and for members experience are essential.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to TechCareers@csio.com
CSIO is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
More search results
Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers - 286844
Claims Representative II – Bodily Injury
The Co-operators - 346886
Regional Compliance Officer- Toronto Office
BFL Canada Risk and Insurance
Property Field Claims Advisor
Desjardins Generail Insurance Group
Commercial LInes CSR/Account Manager
OTC Insurance Brokers Inc.