FCL invites applications for the position of Insurance Manager in our Home Office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Under the leadership of the Senior Manager - Treasury and Risk, the Insurance and Risk Manager is responsible for providing comprehensive risk management and insurance expertise to all operations and activities of both FCL and the CRS. Key activities include the management, innovation, coordination of a sophisticated and evolving insurance and risk management program for FCL and the CRS. The Insurance and Risk Manager is the primary contact on insurance and risk related matters for both the FCL and Retail insurance programs.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Treasury and Risk, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Evaluate and assess all aspects of the insurance and risk management needs for the FCL group of companies and the CRS. Obtain appropriate types and levels of insurance coverage in accordance with risk tolerances.
- Analyze exposures, vulnerabilities and recommend appropriate risk response strategies for all significant cash flows at risk.
- Establish policies and procedures that provide direction for the business units and the retail co-ops with regard to insurance and risk matters
- Manage the commercial insurance program across the organization. Annual renewals, collecting, formulating, analyzing and presenting data from various sources; coordinate negotiating insurance contracts with broker including policy wordings, terms of coverage, deductibles and premiums; procurement of new coverage, as required.
- Manage the insurance program for the retail co-ops. Annual renewal strategy with brokers and underwriters for coverage terms and pricing, evaluate risk and potential coverage gaps, coordinate the premium allocation for retail co-ops, statement of values, quarterly billings, and retail enquiries.
- Develop and implement processes for the identification, collection, analysis, benchmarking and reporting of risk-related information. Coordinate the evaluation and analysis of root causes, patterns or trends that could result in economic loss. Assess and prioritize potential risk mitigation responses. Recommend and implement corrective actions where appropriate.
- Collaborate with the insurance broker, FCL’s Asset Protection, Health & Safety, Enterprise Risk Management, other business units as necessary, and the CRS to implement recommended loss control initiatives.
- Special projects as required such as risk and cost analysis of potential exposures, self-insured risks, and products not presently part of the insurance portfolio.
- As the primary contact on insurance and risk related matters for both the FCL and Retail risk management programs, provide advice, guidance and support to FCL business units and the CRS.
- Work with the relevant internal stakeholders, and 3rd party consultants to identify and implement best practices.
- Provide, and coordinate educational seminars and presentations.
- Manage claims activities - the investigation and communication of incidents, working with legal and 3rd party service providers on adjusting and settling claims.
- Work closely with all business units and legal, to review and advise on insurance coverage and indemnity language in vendor contracts. Ensure the risk transfer implications are reasonable and acceptable for the specific levels of risk.
- Build, cultivate relationships, and collaborate with internal stakeholders, and our 3rd party service providers to evolve our risk management and insurance program.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a University Degree and 5 - 8 years of experience in commercial insurance, along with five to eight years of relevant insurance and risk management experience, including two years in a management or supervisory position. A professional designation such as CIP (Chartered Insurance Professional) or CRM (Canadian Risk Management).
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.