Grow your career in leadership with a collaborative, highly-regarded, fun, and industry-leading company - Wawanesa Mutual Insurance. Our friendly environment is flexible, team-based, and offers fantastic employee recognition as well as employer funded career growth! With over 120 years experience as a Canadian-owned leader in the insurance industry, conducting business throughout Canada, California and Oregon, you'll work in a stable yet modern environment in which you can flourish your career as well as impact your local community.
Under regular supervision the Business Development Representative will manage brokerage relationships between Wawanesa and brokerage network, develop and achieve targeted business goals with contracted brokers, and develop opportunities to grow the business with new brokerages and territories with the region, all which reflect Wawanesa’s strategies.
- Act as a liaison between Wawanesa and our brokers to ensure flow of communication and assist in solving any company/brokerage concerns.
- Lead and manage the brokerage relationship which includes: establishing and managing production results, assist in setting and achieving growth and marketing plans based on individual brokerage plans and regional goals, and assessing a brokerage benefit or risk to regional goals.
- Work effectively with functional departments and management teams to achieve plans and goals, which includes: leading marketing product launches, training sessions, facilitating meetings with Wawanesa and brokerage staff, implementing underwriting plans, providing marketplace information, and directing claim or underwriting concerns to the appropriate channels at broker and Wawanesa offices.
- Maintain a good understanding and knowledge of marketplace, products, brokerages, and competitors.
- Assess non-contracted brokerage opportunities and territories to achieve growth and production plans.
- Liaison and coordinate efforts with Executive Office Marketing and Business Development department as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 3-5 years of insurance experience or relevant business development experience.
- Good planning and organizing skills with the ability to monitor performance and results.
- Proven and effective presentation and training skills with the ability to communicate at the right level for the audience (both large and small groups)
- Ability to create or tailor sales materials and presentations while supporting consistent brand and value proposition messaging.
- Diplomacy and conflict management skills to mitigate resistance and ensure adherence to company policies and compliance standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player who makes quality contributions and supports fellow team members.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to relate, compare and analyze data.
- Completed or working towards industry designation.
- Post-secondary education in: Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field would be considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Valid Driver’s license, ability to operate a motor vehicle and good driving record.
- Some travel will be required
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan) and generous paid time-off (vacation, 5 personal days/year, 1 community day/year, sick days). This is a full-time, permanent position (37.50 hours per week). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging, including Extended Health, Dental, Life, AD&D and LTD. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets. Our BC Regional Office is located in the Kitsilano neighbourhood in beautiful Vancouver, BC.
More search results
Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers - 286844
Claims Representative II – Bodily Injury
The Co-operators - 346886
Regional Compliance Officer- Toronto Office
BFL Canada Risk and Insurance
Property Field Claims Advisor
Desjardins Generail Insurance Group
Commercial LInes CSR/Account Manager
OTC Insurance Brokers Inc.