Claims Quality Assurance Analyst - Auto
Wawanesa Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,000 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders, who are our owners. As an employer, we provide an environment that is respectful, challenging and rewarding. As a corporate citizen, we actively give back to organizations that strengthen communities where we operate, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your insurance career and contribute to building out a Centre of Excellence for quality claims handling capabilities with Wawanesa. The Claims Quality Assurance Analyst - Auto will be a pivotal role in supporting the Claims Operation in ensuring that we create, maintain and utilize best in class practices that drive a high-performance culture. The successful candidate will participate in file reviews, calibration sessions and analysis of top improvement opportunities and trends. The Claims QA Analyst is an agent of change and continuous improvement, challenging the status quo and thinking creatively to identify issues and resolve challenges.
- Executes best practice quality effectiveness techniques to deliver high quality outcomes in file reviews
- Completes file reviews for Auto Claims ensuring claims adjusters and leaders are calibrated to standard work identifying top improvement opportunities and trends and contribute to the building of action plans
- Assists and/or conducts calibration sessions with internal partners
- Champions change and continuous improvement within the Claims Division
- Advocates for the Claims Operations by challenging ineffective and inefficient processes identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Participates in identifying and planning claims training
- Maintains awareness of industry trends and changes to ensure Wawanesa is prepared to respond in a manner consistent with our vision and values
- Collaborates with members of the Auto Claims teams to understand file opportunities, and leverages Wawanesa resources to build exceptional file handling practices and capabilities
- Participates in an environment for people to do the best work of their lives & build a stronger team by developing your own potential as well as assisting other claims colleagues in building their capabilities and performance
- Reviews and analyzes performance reports
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Auto claims expert with 5+ years of adjusting or examining auto claims and/or using auto appraisal tools (Mitchell)
- Ability to use common sense, logic, critical reasoning and good judgement to get to the root of issues
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and reprioritize appropriately
- Ability to engage in all interactions with a positive outcome in mind
- Comfortable with evolving processes and ambiguity
- Enthusiasm for developing capabilities in your team and colleagues leading to improved claims outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify relationships, problems and issues
- Independent and self-directed with ability to work well within a virtual team setting and commit to team goals.
- Prior quality assurance or compliance experience would be an asset
- Completion of the CIP or FCIP designation would be considered an asset
- Computer proficiency in Excel, PowerPivot, Word, PowerPoint or MicroStrategy would be considered an asset
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, you can view a more detailed job description and apply online at www.wawanesa.com.
More search results
Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers - 286844
Claims Representative II – Bodily Injury
The Co-operators - 346886
Regional Compliance Officer- Toronto Office
BFL Canada Risk and Insurance
Property Field Claims Advisor
Desjardins Generail Insurance Group
Commercial LInes CSR/Account Manager
OTC Insurance Brokers Inc.