Supervisor, Claims Quality Assurance AB & Casualty
Wawanesa Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,000 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders, who are our owners. As an employer, we provide an environment that is respectful, challenging and rewarding. As a corporate citizen, we actively give back to organizations that strengthen communities where we operate, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your insurance career and contribute to building out a Centre of Excellence for quality claims handling capabilities with Wawanesa. The Claims Quality Assurance Supervisor, AB & Casualty will lead a team of quality assurance analysts focused on ensuring best in class practices deliver the best settlement outcomes for our customers and Wawanesa. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in driving the claims quality strategy and process and will be responsible to determine effectiveness of management over claims handling quality and improve effectiveness.
While the preference is to have this role based out of Toronto, location is flexible for the right candidate to work out of our Alberta and/or Maritime Regional Offices.
- Identifies and drives best practice quality effectiveness techniques and testing approaches to deliver high quality outcomes and provides recommendations for overall performance improvement on results and customer experience.
- Plans the file review strategy for Accident Benefits and Casualty business lines, ensuring calibration to standard work, provides analysis of top improvement opportunities and trends and contributes to the building of action plans.
- Oversees and coaches a team to ensure the work environment is respectful, challenging and rewarding and employees are maximized to their full potential while contributing to the achievement of Wawanesa's goals.
- Champions change and continuous improvement within the Claims Division by monitoring key strategies including changes in claims processes ensuring reviews monitor key risk areas and are aligned with change
- Advocates for the Claims Operations by challenging ineffective and inefficient processes
- Manages the resolution process for Accident Benefits and Casualty Claims teams
- Contributes to ensuring the work environment is respectful, challenging and rewarding and employees are maximized to their full potential while contributing to the achievement of Wawanesa's goals
- Conducts detailed reporting and trend analysis with claims leadership and training on identification of improvement opportunities and prioritization of training initiatives
- Communicate effectively with confidence, curiosity, courage and in a collaborative manner creating a clear vision of the outcomes we require and how our people will contribute to achieving that vision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of general insurance experience with practical experience in AB and/or Casualty Claims handling, audit and/or quality monitoring.
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role with demonstrable experience in managing and developing talent
- 2 years of file review methodologies/practices
- Ability to lead and manage virtual teams
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage and execute projects within required timelines and expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to present information or arguments in a convincing manner
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information, and to select and implement best solutions in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with latitude for initiative and judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to lead others to embrace, perform effectively, and adapt quickly to change.
- Computer proficiency: Excel, PowerPivot, Word, PowerPoint, MicroStrategy
- Completion of the CIP or FCIP designation would be considered an asset.
- Technical competence in Accident Benefits and/or Casualty claims handling is a definite asset.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, you can view a more detailed job description and apply online at www.wawanesa.com.
More search results
Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers - 286844
Claims Representative II – Bodily Injury
The Co-operators - 346886
Regional Compliance Officer- Toronto Office
BFL Canada Risk and Insurance
Property Field Claims Advisor
Desjardins Generail Insurance Group
Commercial LInes CSR/Account Manager
OTC Insurance Brokers Inc.