Build your career with a collaborative, highly-regarded, fun, and industry-leading company - Wawanesa Mutual Insurance. Our friendly environment is flexible, team-based, and offers fantastic employee recognition as well as employer funded career growth! With over 120 years experience as a Canadian-owned leader in the insurance industry, conducting business throughout Canada, California and Oregon, you'll work in a stable yet modern environment in which you can flourish your career as well as impact your local community. Consider joining our family in the Vancouver office, located in the beautiful neighbourhood of Kitsilano!
The Underwriting Assistant is responsible for providing office support to the Personal Lines Underwriting Department while providing a superior service experience.
- Assist with customer inquiries, including payment processing where applicable
- Enter data and other information into our in-house software system
- Distribution of work to Underwriting team
- Perform follow up activities for policy transactions
- Prepare, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Perform daily filing activities
- Ensure all resource materials are kept up to date, including training materials
- Work effectively towards the goals of the team
- Build positive working relationships with internal and external parties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Willingness to enroll in a Property and Casualty Industry designation or certificate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks
This is a full-time 8-month contract position. Wawanesa offers great growth opportunities including permanent, full-time roles where you can work towards a professional insurance designation. Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging, and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company's goals. Our future is very bright and we've been in business for over 100 years - Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today's challenging markets.
More search results
Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers - 286844
Claims Representative II – Bodily Injury
The Co-operators - 346886
Regional Compliance Officer- Toronto Office
BFL Canada Risk and Insurance
Property Field Claims Advisor
Desjardins Generail Insurance Group
Commercial LInes CSR/Account Manager
OTC Insurance Brokers Inc.